Convention Raffle Rules 2023
TATTOO HERITAGE PROJECT RAFFLE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Tattoo Heritage Project, 1700 McHenry Ave., Ste 65B, #156, Modesto, CA. 95350
RAFFLE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This raffle is conducted by Tattoo Heritage Project, located at 1700 McHenry Ave., Ste 65B, #156, Modesto, CA. Tattoo Heritage Project is a non-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and as defined by California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 33-0039466. 90% of all raffle tickets will benefit the Tattoo Heritage Project’s programming for the Tattoo community.
- The raffle will be conducted from May 19, 2023 to May 21, 2023 with tickets available for purchase while quantities last. Tattoo Heritage Project reserves the right to sell a limited number of tickets on the day of the drawing if any are available.
- A maximum of 2,100 tickets will be sold at $5 per ticket. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of valid entries.
- Purchasers of tickets must legibly write their name, address, phone number and email address (if applicable) on the ticket. Only one name per ticket.
- Minors may not purchase or have their names identified as entrants.
- Participants need not be present to win.
- Tattoo Heritage Project employees, members of the Board of Trustees, authorized agents thereof, consultants, attorneys, independent account firm and their spouses and children living in the same household are excluded from participating and are not eligible to win.
- Payment for the tickets shall be made in “good money” which may be cash, credit card or debit card. All purchases are final and no refunds will be issued.
- Winner will be picked by random drawing on May 21, 2023 at 5pm pacific time and the winner will be contacted immediately after the drawing.
- 10 Winners agree to allow use of their name or likeness for publicity purposes without compensation.
- Prize to be given away in the raffle is: One Xbox Console S valued at $299, three Tattoo History Books, Valued at $165, two drink coasters and one signed, valued at $70, combined value $534.00.
- Winner will be contacted by Tattoo Heritage Project staff, who will arrange to mail or deliver raffle prize. When claiming their prize, winner shall provide one form of picture identification.
- Winners acknowledge that Tattoo Heritage Project, its Staff, Volunteers, Officers, its agents and representatives have not made and neither are they in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee expressed or implied in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular use.
- 15 If the winner cannot be reached by phone or email address on the ticket by May 30, 2023 a disqualification will result, and an alternate winner will be drawn.
- Tattoo Heritage Project staff, and members of the Board of Trustees, are excluded from participating and are not eligible to win the Grand Prize.
- The decision of the President & CEO and the Board of Directors of Tattoo Heritage Project shall be final on all matters concerning the raffle.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE (1) TO BE BOUND BY ALL
THE RULES, LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH HERE AND (2) THAT THEIR
NAMES AND/OR LIKENESSES MAY BE DISCLOSED TO AND USED BY THE NEWS MEDIA
AND MAY OTHERWISE BE USED BY TATTOO HERITAGE PROJECT
FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES AND IN LISTS OF PRIZE WINNERS TO BE PUBLISHED ON
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, IN AREA NEWSPAPERS AND ANNOUNCED ON THE TATTOO HERITAGE
PROJECT WEBSITE. OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY APPLY.
PLEASE CONTACT TATTOO HERITAGE PROJECT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
TATTOO HERITAGE PROJECTINTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION OF THE RULES AND
REGULATIONS SHALL BE FINAL.
BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, EACH PARTICIPANT RELEASES TATTOO HERITAGE PROJECT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR WINNING ANY PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND EACH WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TATTOO HERITAGE PROJECT HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND RISING IN CONNECTION WITH OR AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR THE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 WHICH STATES THE FOLLOWING: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR”.
Ticket prices are set at each convention. Only one method of payment, one name, and one mailing address are permitted per ticket.
Only one eligible person may be entered in the raffle per ticket sold.
Tattoo Heritage Project. reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted with payment that does not
constitute “good funds”. All defective or physically altered entry forms will be immediately disqualified by
Prior to drawing, Tattoo Heritage Project will make a reasonable effort to notify the individual and/or entity that submits such an entry form or one which has been rejected because the credit card did not clear and that the entry has been rejected by attempting to make contact through the information provided at the time of submitting the purchase request. All orders for tickets must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline. Tattoo Heritage Project assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
A RAFFLE PARTICIPANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION OF SAN DIEGO, INC.’S BREACH SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR HIS OR HER RAFFLE TICKET(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION OF SAN DIEGO, INC., ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
HOW TO PURCHASE
An individual can purchase as many Raffle tickets as he or she may wish, subject to availability.
Tattoo Heritage Project reserves the right to reject any entry form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds” No other refunds are available except in the exclusive discretion of Tattoo Heritage Project, and assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Convention Grand Prize will be transferred to the winner “AS IS, WHERE IS, AND WITH ALL FAULTS”. TATOO HERITAGE PROJECT DOES NOT MAKE OR PROVIDE ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE ITEMS.
ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTRACT, OR THE BREACH THEREOF, SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN CALIFORNIA ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (PURSUANT TO ITS EXPEDITED PROCEDURES) UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF.
Registration with the State of California
By letter from the Attorney General’s office, Tattoo Heritage Project has registered with the Department of Justice under Raffle Registration Number RF1385. The official registration and financial information regarding Tattoo Heritage Project can be obtained from the Attorney General’s website [at www.oag.ca.gov/charities]. Registration does not imply endorsement.